Startup Chippewa Valley Week, the largest entrepreneurial event in the region, will return for its fifth year of programming November 14-18. The week-long series of events aims to raise awareness around the local startup ecosystem, as well as to inspire and equip the community to celebrate and support the local entrepreneurial spirit. In addition to all shows taking place in person this year, all sessions taking place at CoLab will be streamed simultaneously on the Zoom platform for greater reach and impact.
Chippewa Valley Startup Week will feature over 15 free, in-person events focused on connecting, educating and celebrating entrepreneurs of all types across the region. More than a dozen community partner organizations host workshops, panels, networking events and discussions that will provide attendees with training, skills and development opportunities. Startup Chippewa Valley Week is part of Startup Week Wisconsin.
“Startup Chippewa Valley Week gives our local entrepreneurs a platform to share their knowledge and successes with our community and come together to learn, network and celebrate the amazing businesses that exist in our area,” said Adam Accola, co-organizer of Startup Chippewa Valley Week and programming administrator at CoLab.
Here it is a snapshot of over 15 events that took place during Startup Chippewa Valley Week:
- Merchant Services: Navigating Credit Card Processing for Your Business – Monday, November 14, at noon – Presented by Royal Credit Union at CoLab (131 S. Barstow St., Eau Claire)
- Start a business: step one – Monday, November 14, 18:00 – Presented and hosted by CVTC – Clairemont Campus
- Legal issues related to business start-ups – Tuesday, November 15, 15:00 – Presented by Ruder Ware at CoLab
- musky tank | New math: cash 1+1+1=19 – Tuesday, November 15, 6:00 pm – Presented by Musky Tank & Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation and hosted at Modicum Brewing
- HATCH Pitch Event – Wednesday, November 16, 17:30 – Presented by Chippewa Economic Development Corporation hosted at Applied Data Consultants (2985 58th St., Eau Claire)
- Altoona Container Park Information Event – Wednesday, November 16, 4:00 p.m. – Presented by the City of Altoona and hosted at Fish House (418 Ninth St., Altoona)
A full calendar of Startup Chippewa Valley Week events along with program descriptions can be found on the website colabec.com/startupcv.
The Chippewa Valley Week startup is sponsored by the Royal Credit Union. Key local partners include organizations such as Royal Credit Union, CoLab, Eau Claire Area Economic Development Corporation, Chippewa County Economic Development Corporation, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Menomonie Chamber and Visitor Centre, City of Altoona, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Entrepreneur Program, Small Business Development Center at UWEC, Chippewa Valley Tours and Ruder Ware.
ABOUT WISCONSIN STARTUP WEEK
Startup Week Wisconsin is more than a week of events that bring people together. It represents a movement to not be content with the status quo, to keep one’s foot on the gas, and to catalyze new relationships and collaborations among the individuals and companies that make up Wisconsin’s growing entrepreneurial ecosystem. Join us for an immersive week of events that remind you of how far we’ve come as a state, but more importantly energized for our region’s future and inspired to create, innovate and contribute to a lasting, positive impact in Wisconsin and beyond. The Wisconsin Week startup is supported by the Greater Green Bay Chamber and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC). To learn more about Startup Week Wisconsin, visit startupwi.org.